Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Design

I've updated the blog's page design, as you can see. I was going to try making a design on my own, but I poked through Blogger's list of templates a little more closely and I found this design, which I really like. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I think it's pretty snazzy looking. Besides which, in order to make my own design, I would've had to:
  1. Research other blogs and sites to help me refine my ideas
  2. Mock up the design as an image in The GIMP
  3. Extract all the graphics I'd need, and upload them somewhere
  4. Create an HTML mockup for the blog
  5. Import the HTML into Blogger's templates
That's easily at least a few days' work, especially once I have to start working it in around my other commitments. I'd say this design is certainly better than anything I could've come up with in a reasonable time frame. Sure saves me a lot of work.

No comments: